Indian creek ticker

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sorry, I"m a sissy!

I have tried several times to write this post. I don't have what it takes. I can't go through it all again. Let me just say. Heavenly Father listens to and answers prayers. Not just Mormon prayers. Jewish, Baptist and Catholic prayers. I will forever be grateful for all the people in this community for all the prayers and services they did for my family.

Kade had brain surgery to remove all the infection in his brain. Very scary. For several days, we didn't know how Kade would be when he came out. If he would be Kade at all. The doctors were very surprised and thrilled with his recovery. He is the same old Kade again. Laughing ,joking and faking a seizure to trick his mom. (seriously not funny!) We still give antibiotics every night in his PIC line. We will do that for 2 or 3 more weeks. He is on seizure medicine until December. But almost every day, I look at him and tear up. We almost lost him. I can't explain what that does to a mom's heart. But ripping it in two comes close.
I can't finish this post without mentioning what a great husband I have. He was always by my side. We stood together and talked with too many doctors to count. Without fail one of us would break down in tears. The other would step up and listen to the info and ask the questions that were in both our minds. I would never have made it without his love and strength. One of the nurses siad it best: "You two make a great team." I agree with her.
We are all settling back into a normal routine. School shopping, football practice starting for Dakota, roping all we can before school starts and just enjoying being home. Thanks to all of you who said a prayer for our Kade. They were felt, heard and answered.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

We are so glad to hear that Kade is doing so well. You guys make an amazing family. May God continue to bless you all as Kade makes a full recovery.

Natalie said...

I cried through your whole post! How scary! Ryan and I have been there with the talking to doctors and breaking down and crying yourself to sleep night after night! I KNOW HOW YOU FELT!! I hate more than anything when my poor little diabetic daughter hurts and mommy can't take the hurt away from her....I hate that helpless feeling and having to just rely on the Lord because you can't do for them what needs to be done! I am SO GLAD Kade is still Kade and that life has settled down for a minute. Enjoy it.....it doesn't ever seem to last long! Love from the Hawkins house to yours!

Mellonee said...

I'm a sissy too I guess because I couldn't get through that post either. I'm so grateful that Kade is still Kade and is doing well.
Although it's okay with me if you kick him (not very hard though *S*) for the fake seisure, yikes!

Leslie Sigler said...

Kade looks great! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. that is what happens when I leave home and come back for a visit.

Joddi said...

I'd leave a comment, but my tears are making it hard to type! Big hugs! Love ya!

Vonell said...

okay let's just me cry this entire day. First talk in sacrament, go to a good friends baptism, and now reading your blog. Love ya all

Linda said...

Penny, Oh how brave and tough in life's trials you've become. What a good loving mother and wife.
I remember a cute little baby girl sitting on the lawn, trying to keep her hands and knees from touching the tickly grass. You were beautiful then and even more now.
May you keep getting your prayers answered.