Two points of humor in my day;
1.) Yesterday was the first time since 1989 that I got sunburned in 'the part' in my hair. My hair is almost long enough for a ponytail and yesterday during Field Day at the little kids' school I got sunburned! It really hurts when you blow dry a part sunburn. Just so you know.
2.) Not only did I get asked to help with Field Day, I was in charge of the very prestigious rubber chicken throw. I know the 'new' mom getting that much responsibility is pretty much unheard of, but whatever. When the third graders were at my station, I lined them all up to explain the rules. One little boy raised his hand and asked me if I was the lady that killed mice with spoons. Sadly, that is me. When Kim & I were first married that was what we did for entertainment. I did get pretty good at it. And I'm happy to say that during the first couple of weeks at our new home in Idaho I realized that it is like riding a bike. There were several mice that were pelted with my Excedrin bottle--direct hit might I add. How did that little boy know about that? Well let me just say----Congratulations Sister Scott, Your son was listening in Sacrament meeting when Brother Summers was speaking several weeks ago!

8 comments:
Oh I was hoping Idaho would jump start your blog. Yippeeee!!!
And I'm saying that even as I shudder at your amazing skills.
So happy to see a new post!! Gross! Killing mice with spoons, better not be the ones from your camper! 1 month 6 days!!!!!!!!!!
Mark feels your pain with the sunburn head. It was wounderful to see you tonight Tammy
Ok....I feel like I am very lost....and a little hurt. I didn't know you moved to Idaho. (This is the lost part) and the hurt part....I knew you when you were first married and never got to hear the killing mice with spoons thing! I am not gonna lie....it kinda makes me sick, but kinda interested all at the same time.
Love your stories!!! Welcome back to the blog world!!! Where were you when I needed to get rid of cockroaches that were the size of mice in Texas :)
Next year when there are mice in my class room I am calling you! Becuase me tring to talking me into leaving didn't work I am afraid!
Loved the post. Looking forward to more....about where you are and doing and such...
I totally agree....part sunburns are a really bummer! Glad to see you are blogging once more. I'm a bit out of the loop...where in Idaho did you move to?
Post a Comment