Indian creek ticker

Monday, October 14, 2013

Super Sneezer

Dakota has always had a loud sneeze. Like scare you right to death loud. Many times I will say,"Dakota!!! You have got to stop sneezing like that!!!". I am laying in bed and Dakota is down watching TV, when all of a sudden----you guessed it a loud 'Dakota sized' sneeze! But I have a reaction I have never had to his inappropriate sneezes. I cry. Crazy I know, but he won't be here much longer. He leaves in eight weeks. He is serving a mission for our church for two years. He will be serving in Salem, Oregon. I am so proud of him. Since he has been very small, I have been teaching him all sorts of things for his mission. I want him to go on a mission. And yet I save all his voice mails to the archives on my phone. I keep all the little notes he writes me. I serve him two desserts not one like everybody else. And yes I cry when he sneezes way too loud. This motherhood thing is so hard to figure out!

3 comments:

Joddi said...

Love your boy, love this post! He will be a fabulous missionary!

Natalie said...

Makes me cry! My big boys are only 9 and 11 and I am in the thick of teaching about missions.....but can't imagine the day I actually send them. You are a toughie!

Mellonee said...

So true! I have a voice mail on the answering machine from Jackson when he was at the airport almost 2 years ago but it's his voice and it makes me happy. You've done amazing and he will be a fabulous missionary.