Indian creek ticker

Friday, December 5, 2008

nobody should have to see their daddy sick!

My dad is really sick. He is going in to start his bone marrow transplant today. It is going to be very painful and it will be awhile before he starts to feel better. My thoughts and prayers will be with him and mom through this holiday season. Here are a couple of things I think about when I think about my dad.


*I never worried or doubted that he loved me. He doesn't say it often, but I have always known*

*He is hard worker. He was always an example of being busy and accomplishing much.*

*He loves little kids. He is always on the floor wrestling around with them.*

*He loves the Lord. He has a strong testimony and honors his priesthood.*

*He loves my mom. They say the best gift a child can have is that his dad loves his mom. I have recieved that gift.*

*He has a great sense of humor. At the sickest I have ever seen him, he pulled his shirt around his bare chest when the nurse came in so she wouldn't be attracted to his physique.*


Dad, we love you and we are sure thinking and praying for you and mom. Get well soon!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm sure this is such a hard thing for your family to go through. When I worked at a cancer center my heart would just ache for the patients who went through so much pain just to have a bone marrow biopsy done. And most of the time that was just the beginning of their painful journey. Your dad sounds like quite the character. I hope everything goes well!

kellyanddanielle said...

penny, i know that your situation is different but i do understand because my dad had a brain tumor and i had to be there to take care of him the last two weeks he was alive. i agree that a daughter should never have to see her dad sick and with something so severe. my heart and prayers are with you and your family. love you guys