Indian creek ticker

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ok, so maybe we are a little bit busy!

Last night at 2:41 a.m. I am awakened by the sound of footsteps. Not cute little pitter patters of toddler feet, big clompy I'm wearing shoes at 2:41 feet. I reach over and Kim is still in bed. That means that there is a big somebody in my completely dark house. Oh crap. Then I hear, "Mom?"...silence..."Mom?" "Kade, is that you?" "ya." "what are you doing bud?" "Nobody woke me up. I've been asleep in the suburban." Apparently when we got home from Kade's basketball game at like 9:30 he had fallen asleep. Well, I woke up Kennedy and Kade and went in the house. Dakota had forgotten to put pjs on Kassidy and Kort, so I changed them and tucked them in. Kennedy came out and told me good night and I thought that Kade had gone to bed because he sleeps so soundly that he goes straight to bed from the car. Not last night. Last night he had a sleepover in the suburban. Ya I know, Mother of the Year right here. Have a good night and please count your children. Slippery little suckers will get away from you if you're not careful!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I will vote for you. That is hallarious. Kade's alittle guy I can see how you could miss him. It could have been worse atleast you didn't leave him at the gym.

Stacy Summers said...

You made me smile out loud!!!

Sally said...

That is so funny. I literally thought I might die laughing at it. And then I made Moria read it, and then Josh. It's a classic!

kellyanddanielle said...

wow you made me laugh. wow. can never say that's happened to me but you never know it could. thank you for bringing a smile to my face and a good laugh in my heart. love you guys.