Indian creek ticker

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A note to the wise!

Hypothetically speaking, if you go into Shop-ko jewelry department and try on the clearance rings(the ones that are still on the card with a white zip-tie), please make sure that you know what ring size you wear. If for some odd reason you get the right size and it happens to go on your finger, occasionally it will be stuck there and you will feel like a flaming idiot. You might pull and pull until your finger turns red and starts to swell. Once again with the hypothetically speaking part, you might walk around the store for 15 minutes or so to let the swelling go down. At that point you will realize it hasn't gone down one little bit. One might look to the jewelry counter where there is no associate to help you, sneak across her desk, sneakle a pair of scissors, pray they don't have cameras directly above the jewelry counter, snip the zip-tie and carefully stack the zip-tie, cardboard card and the ring you slimed off of your finger with your purse size lotion. Then you might nonchalantly walk away and pretend that nothing has happened. But you do notice that the beautiful filigree pattern of the ring is welted into your fat red finger, so any self-respecting CSI watcher would totally know that it was you. If I were you I would totally make sure that you have the right size to begin with. Mercy!

12 comments:

Sally said...

That would be hilarious if that happened to somebody, just hypothetically speaking.

Shona and Blaine said...

I totally agree with Sally, hopefully in this hypothetical situation the said person was by his or herself :)

Joddi said...

Oh Penny, you just make me laugh!!

Life's Journey said...

That is too funny. ;)

Mellonee said...

Just reading it was funny, imagine if the 'hypothetical' security footage showed up on You tube. Now that would be funny!

Kristy said...

You are so dang funny. I was really hoping that you had to ask someone to help you get it off. But cutting the zip tie is a good ending also. I hope your finger has recovered. There is nothing wrong with fat fingers. This coming from someone who hasn't been able to take her wedding ring off for 3 years.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, I can see it now! This from the woman who hasn't been able to get her wedding ring on in over 10 years. You are the best!! Sandra

Stacy Summers said...

Oh Penny! I too love your hypothetical story! It's a keeper! FOR SURE! Thanks for the laugh today!

the herd said...

Penny, Penny! That is the funniest thing ever! Oh man... That's funny! Your poor finger!

Devin, Shellie, Addie, Connor And Noah said...

Oh Penny. You are so dang funny. I swear with your family there is never a dull moment. We are excited to see you for the reunion. I can't believe we have been in Texas for almost a year. It is going to be soooo fun to get together with everyone.

Linda said...

What we won't do to look like we have a bigger diamond!
The Jensen Jeweler guy told me that the older the woman gets, the more her diamond shrinks!

That is a funny visual.

Jason said...

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thank you!