Indian creek ticker

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good ropers & Bad mom?

This poor little calf got out of the pen before he was branded. Three cowboys had thier ropes thrown before he could get to far. Two ropes were a little off, but our friend Rhett was right on the money. Too bad this wasn't a paying event!
Last night Dakota told me that they are having a 'ranch rodeo' on Saturday. They are 'bucking out' some horses too. He wants to ride one. When he asked me I was so torn, but I said that if that is what he wanted to do I would support him. That was the right thing, right? When he was little I put him in the mutton bustin' at a rodeo when he was way to little so that he would get hurt and not want to ever do this again. That plan did not work. Fourteen and a half years ago I learned Lamaze breathing. Who knew that I would be using that skill this weekend!

I put this picture in because it might be the last time you see my son in one piece. Oh dear!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Penny, you are a good suppportive mom. How hard to watch our children do things we would rather they didn't. He is a cute little cowboy - I am sure he will do great.

Devin, Shellie, Addie, Connor And Noah said...

I can't believe how old Dakota looks in his cowboy attire. He fits right in with all those other cowboys. Oh you are a good mom. He is going to do fine. I sure love your posts. See you soon.

Stacy Summers said...

How tall is he now!!!!

Alaine said...

That is when you cover your face with your hands and then spread your fingers and look through the cracks. Oh, isn't it fun to let them make decisions and then live wth the concequences. I just hate it if it costs me money.

Joddi said...

You know there just comes a point that there are things they want to do that scare us do death! More things than I think we even know about! Definately Awesome Mom!!