Indian creek ticker

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feeding

Even though we don't have any cows on the ranch this winter, the snow reminds me of feeding cows. Last year there were two ways to feed cows.


The first way: Make your two boys grab pitchforks and peel off big hunks of hay and toss them off of the side of the trailer.
The second way: Drive to the top of a long hill.

Push the round bale on it's side.


Scoot it over to the side of the trailer.


And....

Let 'er rip, 'tater chip!

Then the boys go down and finish spreading out the rest of it.

Shhhh.....don't tell Kim, but I kind of miss the cows....didn't see that coming did ya?
Me neither.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

I have got a few that I would LOVE to send your way for a little while. We ONLY feed during the winter...weird how we all do it different! We have done the roll the round bale down the big hill too. My kids LOVE it!