Thursday, June 17, 2010
As I leave for work I see Kade standing by the fridge. He just woke up and his right eye looks funny, like he has 'pillow lines' on it.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Kade's eye is swollen. He must have gotten bitten by a spider.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Holy cow! Kade's eye is swollen shut and hot to the touch. Kim takes him in to the Now Care because I have a Primary Activity. It is a sty--they say. Here is some medicine you should be good to go in a couple of days.
Monday, June 21, 2010
His eye is starting to go down, but he is so tired and not feeling well.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Kade and Kim went to Baptisms for the dead in Billings today. I am glad he seems to be feeling better.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
After work I come home and Kade comes in from mowing the lawn. His eye looks really bad. As I take a closer look, the side of his face between his eye and ear is swollen. What the french toast? Does this hurt, I say as I gently touch it. YES! he hisses at me. That ain't no stinkin' sty!
Call Kim--I'm taking him to the ER so we can get a anti-biotic shot or something. We leave for Indian Creek in two days!
8:30 p.m. ER in Missoula Montana
Kade wants to call his dad for a blessing. Kim showers, calls a friend to meet him in Missoula and starts the hour long drive to the hospital.
From the time he left home til the time he showed up at the hospital the following list of things had happened:
1.) Had a CT scan
2.) Calling the surgeon on call to visit with CT gal
3.) surgeon on call decides to come in and look at the scan results in person
4.) surgeon is here and informs me that there might be a surgery that night to save the sight of my sons right eye. The sinus infection he had was so severe that the pressure broke through into his eye and was surrounding his optic nerve.
5.) Emergency surgery as of right now!
6.) text Kim---Hurry...they have to do surgery! WHAT????
&. Kim and his friend Jason make it just in time to give him a blessing.
Friday, June 25, 2010
12:15 Kade goes to surgery and we are praying he will be able to see when we see him again
"Happy Anniversary" I say to Kim through the tears of a mom's worried heart.
Little did we know...our adventure was just beginning.
To be continued....

4 comments:
Thanks for the updates, Penny. Who would've thought all this could happen!? You guys are still in our prayers!
Holy cow! So I have heard from people that things are still crazy you are in our prayers!!
Doug and I think of you all everyday. My word, I have never heard of such things with sinus infections. You are in our prayers also.
Oh my goodness Penny! I'm so sorry!
AND YOU LEAVE US HANGING THERE? How's he doing?!?!
Post a Comment