Indian creek ticker

Monday, December 8, 2008

Decorating the tree!


Here is the whole gang decorating the tree. Dakota is not getting ready to go harpooning, he is holding the "tool". The tool is very creativly made out of duct tape and a wire hanger by my husband. It is used to hang up the lights and ornaments on the top of the tree. It is also used to dust off Harold. "Who is Harold?" you ask. Ask and you shall recieve....


This is Harold. He used to live on our ranch here, but apparently he got out of his pen to often and so we ate him. When Kim was on his mission in Texas he visited the home of a very nice, sucussful yet poor home decorator. He had a stuffed Longhorn steer above his mantle too. Kim thought it was so cool.


When Harold passed away, Kim couldn't help himself. Now Harold lives with me. Kassidy used to have nightmares that Harold came down off of the wall and drank out of the bathtub. So we named him and started talking to him so she wouldn't be scared anymore. Usually Harold sports a lovely Santa hat, but I haven't got that done yet. Wait a minute....This was supposed to be a lovely Christmas Tree post. How did I end up with dead cattle and bad Texas decorators(no offense Shellie) Back on topic.


Here is our Christmas tree. A little lopsided, but we love it and had a lot of fun getting it.
Merry Christmas!




3 comments:

Stacy Summers said...

L
O
V
E
L
Y

I should document our Christmas around here. Maybe tomorrow. We are bracing ourselves for the storm headed our way with 14 inches of snow!!! SNOW DAY we pray!

Condie 4ever said...

PENNY!!!!!! I am so glad you found me. I broke into tears this morning when I logged on and saw you. Yes, the tears could be that I am a little hormonal. I am 34 weeks pregnant. I cant believe your kids. They are so big. I love your family. I just hope that I can be half as good a mom as you are. You have always been an example to me. I have to confess that we also have a set of long horns at our house. Jeremy went to Texas on his mission and brought them home with him. Please keep in touch. I Love you!!! Tell Kim HI!

Natalie said...

Penny
I am too glad that you found me. Your kids are cute. i didn't know you had so many. I am glad to have your blog site so I can keep up on you now.
Norm - Natalie