Indian creek ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

New Puppy

We got a new puppy. The kids love him. His name is Bob. He is very fat and cute. Bob has one bad point. He gets car sick.

Let me set the scene. Me,five kids and Bob are all squished into my bonneville. We are all shoulder to shoulder in there. We are 10 miles through the 16 miles to my house, on the freeway. Kennedy(9) is a little upset because she hasn't had a turn holding Bob. I tell Dakota to pass the puppy up. She gets him and sets him in her lap. I notice he has a little puppy drool and I ask if he is ok. Kennedy says that he is fine. But then the cute, fat puppy puked right into Kennedy's lap. She instantly starts bawling-not tears sliding down her cheeks, she is howling. She is staring at the pile in her lap. I yell to her, " Look up! Look up!" She looks up at the ceiling and she has both hands above her head so as to not touch it. Kade hands a garbage sack up to her(I had hollered for a garbage sack when I noticed the puppy drool. Speed is not one of Kade's talents) The garbage sack rips out of her hand and out of the open window. I had rolled down the window in the middle of this adventure when I noticed Kassidy(6)-who is sitting next to Kennedy-was dry heaving from the lovely aroma of puppy vomit.

At this point I order everyone in the car to look at the ceiling so this doesn't turn into a family puke-fest(yes puke-fest is a word and yes it is with a hyphen) Two miles later I finally come to our exit. I pull over, Dakota piles out and grabs the puppy and Kennedy steps out flings the puppy vomit off of her coat and assumes the position(looking skyward and both hands above her head). Kade then cleans off her pants with a garbage sack as a rubber glove(Yes one of Kade's talents is he is good in emergencies.) A dry heaving Kassidy noticed a tiny speck that was in the car. Kade the hero of the day takes care of that and we carefully load to finish our trip back home. As I turn around to check on the back seat, I see Dakota carefully holding a garbage sack aroung the puppy's nose as he is still sick. I find this ironic as Dakota has been known to leave the room when a baby spits up.
I love animals!

5 comments:

Stacy Summers said...

That made me LOL! What a scene! Can't wait to see pics of the new pup!

Jake and Sara said...

Hi Penny!
This is Sara (Murdock) Birch from Dubois! I was clicking on other people's blog links and found your blog and just wanted to say hi. I can't believe how much your kids have grown up. I hope you're enjoying Montana. Take care.

the herd said...

YUM! I can just smell the smell and hear the sounds. I'm not telling Nathan anything about this one. (I'm trying to talk him into a puppy) Best of LUCK with the sick puppy!

Devin, Shellie, Addie, Connor And Noah said...

Oh I just love stories from you and your kids. There is never a dull moment at your house or in this case, your car.

Natalie said...

I check your blog anytime I need a good laugh.:) Thanks once again for providing one for me!!