Indian creek ticker

Monday, March 1, 2010

Is it just me?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and look in the mirror---after you put on your Carol glasses, because you are blind as a bat---and can't see yourself?
No, the light is on and I'm standing in front of the mirror, but I can't see ME.
I can see the mom to five heathens.
I can see the wife to the big heathen.
I can see the church member doing her best at her calling.
I can see the chauffeur.
I can see the cook.
I can see the laundry doer.
I can see the dish doer.
But I can't see me.
After all I do all day long, sometimes I get lost in the jumble.
Sometimes if I can craft a little or sew a little, I see a glimpse of me, but just a little.
So, this is what I have been doing.
And strange enough, I am starting to see myself a bit. I did the picture on the blog, I sew all the scarves, I wrote the little ditty on the packaging, I designed the packaging.
It is completely me and nobody else.
And I love it!!!
Is it just me, or are we so much better when we are busy and accomplishing things?
.....oh wait somebody else said that same thing!
D & C 58:27

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I see all those things too. But I also see the person that helps me get through most weeks even when they live 3 1/2 hours away. I see you! I see and hope to become like you. So even if you don't think you are still in there... I do. And I'm glad to be able to say that you are my sister. Thanks for all your creativity and inspiration to become better!! Love you!!

Linda said...

What a blessing you girls are to each other and your families!
I am glad I got to share a lovely feeling when I read both your messages.

4 kids and a milk cow said...

Isn't it amazing that when we find something that we can provide for other, of our own free will and choice, what satisfaction it brings to us. I find a lot of peace in knowing that what I do might brighten someone elses life. That maybe it's ok to be everything to my family and life, and that it's ok to take time to be me. I hear you sister!! Love your cowboy scarfs!!!! You're awesome