When I was little, we went to my grandma'a house every sunday and had popcorn. There was always and uncle or five there. If I was to sassy or just the mood struck them, they would threaten to throw me into the canal. I can't swim, so this put the fear right into me. I do recall several times being dipped into the irrigation ditches and into grandma's sink full of soapy water. All of my dad's siblings got together for the first time in a long time. They asked me over to take a picture. My dad is in the middle in the white-right behind my mom in lime green. One of them asked if they would make the 'blog'.Well, I don't want to go into the canal, so...here they are!
P.S. Watch out for the one on the far left...he's the worst of the bunch!
P.S.S. Don't ask about the dog....once again the guy on the far left! What a trouble maker!

4 comments:
Hey Canal rider! Thanks for posting the photo now I just have to figure out how to save it.
You did remind me of some good funny times.
Take care, we love you!
Hey thanks! My mom has some copies for each of you, she is just a little slow delivering them. If you can't figure it out, e-mail me. I will send it to you. goldcreekpenny@aol.com
Penny,
That is a great picture of the family together. It does bring back great memories of being at grandma's together. I also was afraid of getting dumped in the canal, those crazy uncles!
That is a great picture! Makes me sad that we live so far from all the canal action! Why in the heck are we in Washington anyway?
I love the canal story. I believe every word! The true test before entering the Hymas family was to meet all the uncles...SCARY!
Post a Comment