Indian creek ticker

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Here we go

It's the Sunday before Christmas. It's early in the morning. The christmas tree is lit up, presents under the tree, church christmas music wafting in the background and general love and christmas spirit flailing about. I gather my two daughters into the livingroom and pull out the matching Christmas dresses I got for them-with matching tights and hairbows. I am so excited. And then IT happened. I thought I could pull it off one more time. At Easter the girls grumbled when I mentioned matching dresses, but I thought I could do it. As I fling the dresses out laying them across the couch for them to see, Kennedy, my 9 year old says,


"You're seriously going to make me wear that?"


Kim buries his head into his hands trying not to laugh at his brokenhearted wife.

"Why, yes, yes I am going to make you wear that!" I reply.

Tears. Her not me.

After a long conversation of it's really salmon not pink and it's the last time I will ever make you wear matching dresses, she wore it.

And got many compliments-thank you very much!


Merry Stinkin' Christmas!




3 comments:

Natalie said...

We do alot of the matching around here....not mine, but grandma's idea. So far so good, but I am sure one of these days an end will come Hawkins matching as well. I will enjoy it as long as it lasts! Oh, and I think they look gorgeous. What cute kids you Summers have!!

Mellonee said...

Oh Penny, thanks for sharing. I know you feared this day was on the horizon. Sorry you couldn't postpone it's dawn!

Eddins Family said...

Very cute! The tongue picture cracked me up...it made me think of when I was little and would flip off my mom behind my bedroom door. Good thing I didn't draw a picture of that!