Indian creek ticker

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It builds character!

One afternoon this summer, I was busy cleaning house . You know when you go into one room to put away something and find 3 other things that don't belong there-so you pick them up and go to put them away only to find 4 more things. This process can go on for hours. I was in a holding patten of doing that when I noticed there were no children in my house. None. Not one little sneaky guy reading a book on his bed. Nothing! I grabbed my camera and headed out.
What I found was a very intricate system of loading hay.

Step #1: Little dude pushes hay bales over to the trailer.

Step #2: Tallest dude grimaces as he puts the hay on the trailer.

Oooops! Potty break!



I need just a small moment to discuss the fashion choices of little dude. Shorts (inside out) with boots. Nice choice. And yes they are girl boots-hence the flower with diamond centers. I am here to tell you, little dude wore those boots all summer and never noticed they were hand-me-down boots from his sister. I wasn't about to tell him. ok sorry back to hay stacking.



Step #2: Beefiest dude was doing the same as tallest dude.

Step #3: Tallest dude would then drive up to the next pile of hay .


Oh crap! Dad said every hay bale had to be facing the same direction. Can you see the one beefiest dude had to haul out and turn the right way? He was not happy.

You never know when you might have need of extra security in a hay field. We are always prepared.


After this whole process, which took several days, I asked Kim why he didn't just use the tractor to pick up all those hay bales. He smiled and said,
"Character Building Day."
I knew there was a reason I married him.


P.S.: If you are wondering where Miss Priss is, I found her in the air-conditioned tractor with her father. Talk about wrapped.


5 comments:

Joddi said...

i love you, your posts, and your family!!! I've had a most excellent laugh this evening!! Please post again soon!

Natalie said...

What good parents! I LOVE everything about your post, from the picking up extra items in one room, to the boy wearing girls boots. When my Rhett was 4 he wore Strawberry Shortcake shoes EVERYWHERE until one day his Meanest Mom Ever made them disappear. The cowgirl boots aren't near as bad as bright pink Strawberry shoes....I promise!!

Mellonee said...

That daddy/daughter thing is quite the deal, isn't it? That's how it works at our house too. Love the photos, and the character building activities.

Natalie said...

Penny....about the blog book. It is super easy. You go to the website and type in the name of your blog. I thought it would take FOREVER to upload, but it actually did it very quickly. It then shows you what the finished product will look like and asks if you want to order or save it to order later. I was very happy with mine and my kids LOVE looking at and reading it! I think it is so worth the money!!

Grandma Kroll said...

Some need less caracter building than others!