
The Granny-Tram!
I have wanted a bike since sometime in the mid ninties, but in a ranchers wife's world---
1.) No paved roads to ride on
2.)Any self-respecting cowgirl wouldn't be caught dead riding something besides a horse
3.)Ranchers don't make much $$$$, so the granny-tram fund didn't exsist
But for my birthday, I found this beauty! When I was little, my Grandma Hymas would ride her blue bike up to see us. It looked a lot like this one. Nice wide handlebars, fender over the back tire, ample bike seat for "mom-sized" buttocks and the white-walled tires. I have loved this bike. I toodle around the ranch on it, ring my little bell(bell does not come standard, you have to specially buy it at the Wal-mart and put it on yourself) and embarrass the crappity-doo-daw out of my husband. He doesn't embarrass easily, but so worth it when you pull it off.

5 comments:
Next time could you please post a picture of you on the bike?? :) I love that you got a bike.
You know what is funny. Before I even read your blog I was thinking that sure looks like Grandma's old bike. I remember her riding that too and sometimes that little basket she had was full of strawberries. mmmmm. . . I sure do remember that.
Sweet!! (mine is blue!)
Joddi-I didn't know that you were in the granny-tram club! See we are as one!
Love the bike AND that you found something to embarrassed Kim. I love it!
alaine
Post a Comment