Indian creek ticker

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Where did the time go?

This is one of my favorite pictures. It is from two years ago so......summer of 2007. I don't know if you can tell, but they have all sorts of weapons (consisting of sticks and twine) and they were going to thier 'clubhouse #12'. They had at least 12 different places they went that adults were not allowed to know about. Dakota's backpack had bottled water and chips in case they hungered or thirsted to death. It was one of the first times that they all went out together and I didn't exactly know where they were. I remember so clearly, because I didn't know if I should craft or clean. I was so excited to have just a little minute to myself. I think I started cleaning a little and then once I got going I just lost track of time. It seems like I have more and more time like that and less and less of my kids home all together. Sports, branding, band concerts, activity days---the days of everybody home and together are becoming scarce. Strangly I miss that.....who knew?

5 comments:

Joddi said...

I'm having a lot of those same "who knew" moments too. It's crazy that suddenly they are all busy with out us! I'm glad you posted a blog, I was wondering if you were still out there!!!

Mellonee said...

I love this one. Remember the diaper days? Now they're so far behind me I'm out of practice.
In Bryson's journal I used to write (obviously he's the first because he's the only one and it stopped just months after Jackson was born) I once wrote "I hope you are potty trained before your mission!" I never thought either would ever come back then, yet he's potty trained (for some time thank you!) and about to leave on his mission. It came and it went. Grandma days are just around the corner. We'll all be tramming it before you know it. *S*

Penny said...

How was the trip? My sister trip is the first of June I can't wait!

Mellonee said...

So what are you doing for your trip?
We had SO much fun but as one of my sisters put it 'sisters are like alcohol, they talk you into things you regret in the morning'.
I will post the photos on my blog soon, they involve full costumes, an afro wig, a long flower child style wig and the song "It's raining men!"
Goodness Gracious!

Penny said...

Oh I am waiting by my computer for pictures of that! We are going to Time out for women. The date happens to fall on my grandma's birthday(she passed away when I was in college), so I invited all her girl children and grandchildren. 22 at last count! I can't remember the last time so many of us were together!